Our aims are to provide a whole system alliance which could:
- Provide a forum for regular liaison and discussion on efficiency, quality and other mutual areas of interest between key stakeholders for ophthalmic services.
- Join the expertise of clinical professionals with expertise from managers and trust leaders in commissioning, operational management and financial flows in ophthalmology.
- Establish quality standards and best practice or efficiency pathways agreed between all the key professional bodies and providers and patient bodies covering care provided by any ophthalmic professional in any setting.
- Provide or support a web portal populated by NHS digital data and provider supplied data, informed by GIRFT results, allowing benchmarking of processes and outcomes to drive up standards.
- Provide buddying and support to improve quality and efficiency between providers with good and less good performance in specific areas.
- Create a group with a powerful voice who can negotiate locally and nationally for the benefit of ophthalmology commissioning and resourcing, and champion the specialty.